Remembering Rome

Monday, December 31, 2012

These are some shots from my 2010 trip to Rome. This was my second trip to Rome and I had a much different impression of it than I did the first time I visited in 2001. I feel in love with the city during my first trip and my second trip felt a little like a strained relationship.

I started this trip in Paris for four days. It was actually my second time in both cities and each city switched places for me -- Paris becoming my favorite and Rome stepping back to second.

I was just getting into photography when I took this trip and I didn't have a very good camera. I was so disappointed when I returned home and found that most of my pictures had like a hazy layer on them. Let's just say that I retired that camera after my trip. But I still created some memories of my 8 days in Rome. Here are a few.





This is where I was lucky enough to eat breakfast each morning...




6 comments :

by BUN said...

ah! this made me miss europe so much!

Denene Brox Photography said...

@by BUN: Same here! Posting these photos took me right back!

Kristina said...

Ah Rome. Still #1 for me. I keep telling myself I WILL live there someday, so I know it's got to happen. Great photos.

Denene Brox Photography said...

@Kristina: That's an awesome goal! One of mine is to stay a month in all my favorite cities -- NYC, Paris, etc.

Julie said...

I love your photos. You take some amazing shots. Thanks for stopping by This Gal Cooks! :)

Julie

Denene Brox Photography said...

@Julie: Thank you!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground